Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Galápagos Islands

I was so lucky. I scored a half price 4-night/5-day cruise, sharing a cabin; except for I didn't have to share a cabin. It was a 16-person catamaran yacht. So perfect. The other passengers were really nice and we all got on really well.  The islands were amazing. As you probably know, there are no predators (sharks maybe) so the animals have no fear. You can go right up to them, but you are requested to stay at least 6 feet away and to back away if they show any sign of annoyance. I was going to say it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience but I'm sure that I will be back. What a wonderful way to spend a vacation! Hiking, bird watching, climbing, snorkeling and just enjoying the boat. Every day was unique as each island is different. It was pretty incredible. And I only did a few islands in the time available. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment